Making 2019 the Best Year YetOn January 18, 2019 by Kari
It’s a new year! It’s now 2019! Who else is excited for all the dreams that come with a new year? I know I am.
While 2018 held a lot of important life events for our family it also feels like a year that was full of laziness and failed progress. Of course we lived through the year and there was good and bad but I want 2019 to be our best year yet! I have goals for myself, my family, my home, my homeschool, and our homestead but in order to accomplish these I need to continue to think about them, plan out action steps to make it possible to achieve them. And that’s exactly what I’m going differently this year compared to last year.
A quick overview of some of the goals that I want to achieve this year!
- Have better eating habits
- Get pregnant
- Add in movement everyday
- Read more books
- At least 1 fun activity together each month
- Make birthdays an adventure instead of about gifts
- Have better routines to help our days run more smoothly
- Get rid of unnecessary stuff in our lives
- Encourage more joy throughout the day instead of arguing
- Less screen time, more family time
- Complete our tiny house expansion
- Continue to get rid of unnecessary stuff in our home
- Create cleaning routines to keep the house picked up and clean
- Create routines to complete school each day
- Plan ahead to have all books and materials ready for lessons
- Add in more reading throughout our days
- More chickens! For eggs to eat and sell and meat for our freezer
- Build more homes for rabbits
- Get more pigs
- Have a garden
While it seems like a lot on my yearly list when broken down into action steps it’s not all that bad. Especially because I’m focusing on getting the house in order before adding in the rest. Routines will help life run more smoothly so when we add in the bigger goals like more animals and building our tiny house expansion we will have our lives ready to take on the extra stress.
Have you set up goals for this year so you can make your dreams come true? I’d love to hear what you are working on!
– Trucker’s Wife – Homeschooling Mom of 3 – Essential Oil Fanatic – Learning to Live Healthy – Beginning Homesteader – Trim Healthy Mama –